September 7th - 7:29 PM (website)
Good evening everyone,
I hope all of you are able to enjoy your family over this Labor Day Holiday weekend. The weather was good, but on the windy side.
I have had several conversations with various members. The conversations I had voiced support or concern about the physical meeting. I’ve received some emails as well. My, and the Club’s, ultimate concern is for the safety of all members and their families.
Based on these inputs, the Club meeting and swap meet at the field is cancelled. I apologize for any confusion, and I request your patience.
Chuck has graciously set up a ZOOM meeting for us on Tuesday, September 8th, at 7:00 pm. The link will be provided by e-mail.
Thank you everyone,
September 3rd - 1:43 PM
Please be patient with me, as I’m announcing a change in our Tuesday night meeting, AGAIN.
Base on the planning committees recommendations, I’m changing the starting time for our meeting to 6:00 pm. This is because we have a matter to discuss, and I’d like to ensure that we have enough daylight to entertain everyone’s thoughts and recommendations.
As a Club, and as you’ve heard me mention during our ZOOM meetings, we need to have a 5-10 year plan for the KCPD’s Letter of Agreement. I’m sending this out in advance so everyone can put on their thinking caps to have ideas to present to the committee during the meeting. We’d like to have ideas for improving the field, runway, membership, etc. We can get these ideas put down.
ADDITIONALLY! We are also going to have our 2020 Swap Meet. Setting up can begin at 4:30 and last until the meeting starts. Again. If you’re comfortable in attending/participating, we need to ensure that everyone wears a mask. If you don’t want to participate, that’s your choice.
Thanks everyone. Looking forward to seeing you,
September 2nd - 5:12 PM
We’ve come to the end of another month and COVID-19 is still an issue. I sincerely want to thank everyone for their patience and cooperation with the safety precautions at the field.
Kitsap County, and the bulk of the State for that matter, is still at their continued Phase II stage of re-opening. However, there has been several relaxing of policies/restrictions. Bowling alleys have reopened, with certain qualifications. Gyms and other businesses are opening, with some restrictions.
Our competition and the Saturday breakfast will be cancelled. However, based on the fact that the forecast for very good weather, next Tuesday, we will have the September Club meeting at the field. I’m going to ask that we start the meeting at 6:30pm. The evenings are starting to get darker earlier.
Those members that decide to attend will be required to wear masks and stay 6 feet apart from everyone. Family members can remain seated immediately by one another.
I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone. Thank you,
July 29th - 8:55 PM (website)
I hope that everyone is still safe and healthy. And that you’ve been able to take the opportunity to still get out to the field and fly. We have certainly been having some very good weather to fly. As you’re well aware, the weather has been extremely warm and the field is very dry. As expected, the fire danger is extremely high. Please exercise caution. There are jugs of water at the Club’s bulletin board.
I am sure that you’ve been listening to the news and are aware that the Governor has put an indefinite pause on approvals for moving forward to any relaxations of the Phase approached.
With that decision, the monthly breakfast and competition events for Saturday, 1 August are cancelled. Sadly, the meeting at the field in August is cancelled and once again our meeting will be via ZOOM. That meeting information will be put out to the membership the weekend before the meeting.
On a positive note, I’d like to welcome our new members: Terence Simons, Matt Johnson, Grant Baker, and our new Junior member Cooper Hansen. If you see them, please introduce yourself and get to know them.
I do hope that you can all still get out to the field and fly and enjoy this outstanding weather.
Stay safe and healthy. Thank you,
July 17th - 1:45 PM
For those that braved the technology challenges of a cyber meeting, I felt that the July’s ZOOM meeting was a success and thank you.
During the meeting, Duane proposed that this year’s competition be cancelled. There are only 3 possible months left in this year in which we could race/combat for points. This is also presuming that we’d be able to fly on 1 August, which at this point in time looks to be extremely doubtful. The County’s Phase III application has been placed on pause until at least 28 July.
According to the latest news report this morning, 17 July, the potential for Kitsap County moving into Phase III this month is very doubtful. In fact, the Governor may roll back some of the current ‘Stay at Home’ orders.
In the event that Kitsap County does move into Phase III, those that desire to race one another or fly combat, the Club would put up the pylons and or support those that wanted to fly combat. Fliers would just notify the CD’s and we’d make arrangements to have the pylons at the field. This would be for fun and the challenge of racing or flying combat.
This has been a very unique year. Please bear with us as we all try to adapt to continue our hobby, while enduring the restrictions of COVID-19 and the Governor’s ‘Stay at Home’ order and the Phased Approach Guidelines.
Thank you for all of your support. Stay safe and healthy,
July 13st - 8:17 PM
All, good evening,
I must apologize to all members for this very late announcement. I am the eternal optimist. But, my hopes didn’t come to fruition. I must announce that our Club meeting at the field and our swap meet is cancelled for July. I sincerely regret this decision, but it is the prudent thing to do.
I thoroughly believed in my heart that we would be able to have our meeting at the field Tuesday night. However, with the continuing rise in positive cases of COVID-19 in our State, the Governor has put Kitsap County and other Counties move to Phase III on pause. There is really no known date on when that will happen. We are hearing that the move could be within 2-3 weeks.
We will be conducting our Club meeting via ZOOM Tuesday night at 7pm. Chuck was gracious enough to create the meeting for us. (The link information has been distributed via e-mail. Anyone who did not receive the information may obtain it from any club offical.)
I hope to see you all there Tuesday night. There are a couple of things that I’d like for you all to think about. I’d like to see 2-3 members become a committee for developing a 10 year plan for improving the Club/Field. If this sounds like something that Al Franklin (Bless his soul) carried the torch for, for many years, it is. However, there’s an ulterior motive behind this. Under our potential Letter of Agreement with the County for our Club and flying site, we are required to have this plan. This will give us a plan for proceeding forward.
Secondly, I'd like for us to have a "Competition Committee". I'm looking for Duane, Rob and perhaps Rick Fuller or one of the other competitors, to discuss ways to improve and look into the questions that we were commenting on during the beginning of the year.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding,
July 1st - 11:04 PM
I hope you all have a safe and Happy Fourth of July. Also during this time, please remember what this terrific Holiday is all about, and our forefathers that had the intestinal fortitude, faith and resilience to derive the idea and put everything into motion to see it through to give us this Great nation. We’ve had many events that have tried our resolve. We’ve bent, and weathered the storms, but we’ve never broken.
This pandemic is just another thing that we’ll rise to the challenge. I’m very confident that there will be a vaccine for this. Hopefully it will be soon. But until then, we’ll just have to exercise the best practices to keep us all safe.
Rob just sent me an article from the Kitsap Sun informing everyone that our potential move to Phase III has been put on pause due to increased new COVID-19 cases and several outbreaks reported in the County. It appears that our application will be halted until approximately 9 July, at which time it will be reviewed.
Based on that information, the competition and breakfast scheduled for this Saturday, 4 July, will be cancelled.
Because the Kitsap County application for Phase III will possibly be reviewed on 9 July, I’m going to hold off on a decision for the Club meeting and swap meet at the field until the 10/11 July. Everyone keep your fingers crossed that we’ll be able to meet at the field.
I hope everyone will stay safe and healthy until then,